Thursday, February 21, 2008

So long, and thanks for all the fish!

No, I'm not referring to the former Jazz guard. It is with some sadness and a great bit of relief that we say goodbye to the Utah Sports Cast in its current form. It's been fun for about a year and a half to get together at some ridiculous hour once a week to bring you a rant or two about sports in our great state. But the luster has worn off a bit, and even though BYU looks to be winning the conference again in basketball and the Jazz are apparently playoff-bound, our weekly ramblings will cease. It's been fun.

Now this is not to say that we may not be back some time. College football season is our true passion, and we may bring this back as the "Red and Blue" college football podcast. If the Jazz go deep into the playoffs, we may have to put something together to celebrate. I'm sure you won't be able to keep us down long.

To all the radio stations that may or may not be looking for hosts for a weekend show: We're still interested! We're only getting tired of this in part because 1) we're doing it for free, and 2) there's no interaction. No callers, few emailers, etc.

And to our loyal fan: We know you're out there, somewhere. Thanks for listening. Now start up your own show. You can do it. Fill the void we're leaving behind.

2 Comments:

At 9:02 PM, Blogger hashima said...

Say it isn't so. I have been a loyal listener for some time now. I just logged onto the website today to see why I haven't seen a new show in my I-Tunes podcast library. Will miss the show but can understand your decision. Doing it for free with a wife and kids at home was probably a big time sacrafice. Can't pick up the slack on my end though. I am living abroad (Tokyo) and loved listening to your show as a way of getting tidbits regarding Utah sports that I couldn't find in the papers. Also a good way to pass time while commuting to work on the subway. Anway, thanks for the shows--Go Jazz and GO Utes!!!

 
At 5:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Webcam, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://webcam-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home